Exercises For Lower Back Pain are not complicated and can be performed at home easily. Lower back pain is generally associated with a bad posture. It occurs in people who are lifting heavy weights or making sudden twisted moments. It can also occur if you have any underlying condition going on in your body. Many people think that their pain will go away if they keep on resting. This is a misconception, and you need to do exercises to heal your back. Exercises help in gaining back the range of motion. Following article will explain the most common exercises to treat this pain naturally.
Exercises For Lower Back Pain
There are different exercises and stretches for lower back pain. These exercises must be done under the supervision of a physiotherapist. Once you have gained the proper command, you can perform them at your home. Following are some of the most effective exercises for reducing the pain of your lower back.
This exercise is the most effective exercise for a person suffering from lower back pain. When you do this exercise, it activates your gluteus maximus muscle. This muscle is important for keeping your back strong. Following are the steps to perform a bridging exercise.
1. First of all, you have to lie on the ground and make sure that your knees are bent.
2. Your feet must be flat with the hip-width apart. Keep on pressing your feet into the floor with your arms by your sides.
3. Now raise the buttocks off the ground slowly until it comes to the shape of a bridge.
4. Why the buttock is in the year, make sure you are squeezing them with the help of your shoulders.
5. After holding the position for 20 seconds, brings the back to the ground.
6. Repeat this exercise 15 times if you want to get the best results.
Knee To Chest Stretches
This exercise is necessary if you want to relieve the tension and pain in your lower back. It is a simple stretch, and it can be performed in the comfort of your home. Following are some steps to perform this stretch.
1. Lie down on your back and make sure that your feet are flat on the floor with your knees bent.
2. Use both of your hands and keep on pulling one knee towards the chest.
3. While pulling the knee in, make sure that the abdominals are tight, and the spine is pressing into the floor.
4. Hold for 20 seconds in this position and then return to the starting position.
5. Repeat it with the other leg as well. Doing this exercise 2 to 3 times will give efficient results.
Seated Lower Back Rotational Stretches
If you want to improve the strength of your core muscles and strengthen the lower back, this exercise is the best. It also includes the stretch, and the following are the steps to perform this exercise.
1. Take a stool or a chair without arms and sit on it with your feet flat on the floor.
2. With your hips square and a tall spine, you can easily twist your core at the right.
3. To support this stretch, you can put your hands behind the head and place the left hand on the opposite knee.
4. A 10 seconds hold is important for getting a stretch.
5. Now repeat the same with the opposite side.
When your abdominals are weak, they can cause poor core strength. This can also lead to the instability of your lower back. With the help of curls and partial curls, you can build a strong core. Following are the important steps to be followed for performing this exercise.
1. The first step is to lie down on your back with your feet flat and hip-width apart.
2. Cross your hands over your chest and breathe in.
3. When breathing out, pull in the muscles and engage the muscles of the abdomen.
4. Now gently raise your head and shoulders off the ground and hold this position.
5. Make sure that your neck is in line with the spine.
6. Repeat this exercise 3 times with 10 sets.
The best way to gain strength for your lower back is to improve the back extensors. This exercise is necessary for maintaining a healthy posture.
1. The first step is to lie face down on the ground and stretch both arms and legs on the ground.
2. Now raise the feet and hands from the ground and create a distance of 6 feet.
3. Try your best to pull the belly button in and lift it off the ground to increase the strength of core muscles.
4. Always keep your head straight to avoid any neck injury.
5. By stretching out the hands and feet as far as possible, hold the position for 5 seconds.
6. Return to the initial posture and repeat this exercise 10 times.
This stretch is important for decreasing the tension from your back muscles and making them stronger.
1. Get on hands and knees with your hips-width apart.
2. Bring your back in an arch position and pull the belly button towards the spine.
3. Relax the muscles of your abdomen and allow them to sag.
4. Now gently return to the initial position and repeat the same position 3-5 times.
Exercises for Lower Back Pain play a significant role in helping the patients. These exercises need to be performed at least 3 times a day in sets of 15 repetitions. You can start with the knee to chest and breathing exercises. These two exercises are most effective in relieving back pain. Partial curls and cat stretches help increase the strength of the core muscles. Superman’s position improves the overall balance and spinal health.