Virtual events are the new way for businesses to expand their global reach and boost brand value. But, the question is, with so many virtual conferences, trade shows, summits, meetings, etc happening each day, what should one do to begin with productive event planning. Let us take you through the ten important steps, required in planning your event;
Understand your event goals and objectives
For any online event, it is crucial to know your event and business goals to make your event super impactful. A clearer understanding of the event objectives creates a roadmap or guidebook that lets you deliver immersive event experiences. Hence, it is very important to identify your event goals and objectives carefully in order to achieve fruitful outcomes. You can also create an event planning checklist to begin with effective and strategic preparation of your event.
Understand your audience
One of the major steps required in making your event a success is understanding your audience. It is important to know the expectations and thought process of the attendee to give their viewpoint a significant weightage. Keeping this aspect in mind will help make your virtual event even more enjoyable and impressive.
Create a budget
The budget of an event is a major deciding factor for the features and tools you wish to keep for your virtual event. So, make sure to decide the event budget much before in advance to avoid any chaos. There are multiple virtual event platforms available in the market today. Therefore, it becomes highly crucial to choose an affordable and skillful platform based on the event needs, keeping your budget in mind.
Choose the right virtual event platform
The virtual venue holds a very critical role in making your event stand out. So, make sure to do detailed research before identifying your enterprise solution. Let us learn about the key features of an ideal online platform that can help you host remarkable and memorable online events;
1. The platform should have a user-friendly interface in order to avoid attendee drop-off.
2. Talking about seamless navigation, it is one of the most important features that you should look for while selecting your virtual event platform. You can also ask your platform provider to offer video tutorials and guidebooks to
3. The virtual venue should be 100% secure and trustworthy in order to keep the attendee data safe and intact.
4. It should be able to include excellent engagement features and interactive tools to add more value to your event.
5. Another notable feature that the platform should provide is detailed analytics and insights of an event to know about the event’s success.
6. With excellent sponsors on board, the platform should be able to offer ideal 3D solutions and branding options to make them feel benefitted.
7. The platform should also be backed by 24/7 customer support to offer immediate assistance to the audience in case of any urgency.
Carefully select the date & time
Date and time of your event play a very crucial role in deciding the attendance percentage. So, do your research and make sure to avoid national holidays, weekends, and days when there are already some big events happening. It is an excellent strategy to make efforts on welcoming more participants to your event.
Lure more sponsors and exhibitors
Getting distinguished sponsors or exhibitors for your event can help boost the event’s ROI. But, to draw more exhibitors, it is necessary to make them feel profited. You can do this by creating dynamic banners, large digital screens displaying the brand’s logo, or creating customized virtual exhibitor booths that can get more potential customers. Here, the sponsors have the option of creating customized templates to enhance their branding strategies.
Make an effective marketing plan
Marketing and promotion of your event are the keys to increasing event participation. It can be done in multiple ways, let us look at some of the best promotional strategies.
1. Write guest posts and SEO-optimised content to enhance its search potential.
2. Try posting exciting videos, images, and content on different social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to let your virtual event gain more recognition.
3. Also, make sure to create trendy hashtags related to the event. It will improve the visibility of your posts on every social media channel.
4. Practice email marketing to ensure that the expected people feel more homely and welcoming. Here, the aim should be to send periodic emails to the potential audience to avoid missing their presence.
Leverage the latest event technology
We know that digital advancements are happening rapidly. Therefore, in this case, our aim should be to make the most of the latest technologies that can add more value to your event. So, look for online event platforms that are backed with customer support, have excellent engagement tools, interactive features, networking opportunities, and customized options. These ideas come under the best online event technologies that make your event even more interesting for the attendees, speakers, guests, and exhibitors.
Perform a dry-run
To ensure flawless and smooth execution, you need to perform multiple test runs and rehearsals to keep any kind of technical glitches at a distance. So, during this process, you need to check your Internet connectivity, system configurations, audio, video, & chat features to create an immersive event experience.
With so many notable events happening every day, make sure to work on your strategies and approaches in order to remain a step ahead of your opponents. Check with your business needs and create an event that seamlessly resonates with it and can leave a lasting impression on your virtual audience.